- Prospective Graduate Students
- New Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- GRA/GTA/GA Funding
- Forms, Applications, and Deadlines
- Current Fellows
- Graduate Student Travel Fund
- Thesis and Dissertation Information
- Thesis and Dissertation Writing Camp
- Technical Editing Services
- Stipend X
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Services That We Offer
- Student Organizations
- About Our Office
The Missouri S&T Business Department offers a Sustainable Business certificate program. This certificate is designed for people who have earned a BS or BA in science or engineering who want professional training to enhance their careers in management for sustainable business. The program in Business Sustainability addresses an identified need to provide science and engineering students with business knowledge and professional skills to further their careers in business sustainability. The certificate will focus on building knowledge and competencies, specifically in the area of environmental sustainability of a business organization. The proposed program will provide professionals with the skills necessary for rapidly advancing themselves in the workplace, and more importantly, rapidly advancing the general knowledge base and skill set in their professional workplaces.
Admission to a graduate certificate program requires proof of completion of an undergraduate degree. Students may apply for the Management of Sustainable Graduate Certificate by completing a Graduate Application for Admission and indicating the Sustainable Business Graduate Certificate option. The certificate application must be completed within the first two weeks of the student’s first course in the sequence. Successful completion with a B or better in all four courses is required for the certificate. These courses may be completed in one semester or over a number of semesters to accommodate the student’s schedule. The GMAT is not required for the Sustainable Business Graduate Certificate. Students considering graduate studies beyond this certificate program are encouraged to contact the Graduate Studies Office regarding these requirements.
- ECON 6641: Advanced Foundations of Sustainability
- ECON 6642: Global Eco- and Social-preneurship and Innovation
- ECON 6643: Advanced Ethical Problems in a Global Environment
Choose one course from the following:
- ECON 5440: Advanced Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- ECON 5532/MIN ENG 5532: Advanced Mining Economics
- ECON 5540: Advanced Engergy Economics
- ECON 5644: Creativity, Innovation and Sustainability
- ENG MGT 5320: Project Management
- ENG MGT 5513: Energy and Sustainability Management Engineering
- MIN ENG 5742: Advanced Environmental Aspects of Mining
- MIN ENG 6735: Sustainability in Mining
Course description can be found in the catalog at catalog.mst.edu/graduate.
Effective July 1, 2011, the Department of Education requires that all certificate programs must disclose particular Gainful Employment information to current and prospective students. The information that is provided in the disclosure includes the estimated cost of the certificate program as well as on-time graduation and job placement rates for this particular certificate program.