- Prospective Graduate Students
- Visit Campus: Experience S&T
- New Graduate Student Orientation
- Funding Opportunities
- Apply Now
- Application Fee Credit
- Finding a Faculty Advisor
- GRE/GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS Requirements
- Housing Information
- New Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- GRA/GTA/GA Funding
- Forms, Applications, and Deadlines
- Current Fellows
- Graduate Student Travel Fund
- Thesis and Dissertation Information
- Thesis and Dissertation Writing Camp
- Technical Editing Services
- Stipend X
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Services That We Offer
- Student Organizations
- About Our Office
Electrical and Computer Engineering GAANN Program
Research at Missouri S&T as a GAANN Fellow
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is looking to award GAANN fellowships to assist graduate students with excellent records who demonstrate financial need and demonstrate a desire to pursue academic research.
A Doctoral Program on Data-Enabled Assurance of Electromagnetic Compatibility
GAANN Fellows will be engaged in multidisciplinary research and education activities centered on data-enabled approaches to increasing, evaluating, and predicting the immunity and compatibility of a broad range of systems. A lack of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) can result in catastrophic failure or malfunction of a system and can increase vulnerability to malicious attacks. Advancements in science and application of EMC principles can lead to significant improvements in reliability, survivability, availability, and security of systems that range from an electronic device intended for consumer use, to a cyber-physical critical infrastructure relied upon by thousands for daily needs.
The research carried out by GAANN Fellows will enable design, manufacturing, and verification of dependable and resilient systems, and is critical to maintaining the prominence and competitiveness of the United States in advanced technology.
- Financial support that includes a stipend of up to $34,000 per year (determined by FAFSA)
- Educational allowance up to $15,750 that covers all educational expenses, including tuition and fees and the cost of textbooks and other materials, computer hardware and software, travel expenditures and registration fees for participation in conferences
- Mentoring by one or more of the GAANN faculty, as well as industry mentors who include successful alumni of previous GAANN programs
- Supervised teaching experience, which will be preceded by training in effective teaching techniques
- Opportunities for peer mentoring and community outreach
Dr. Sahra Sedigh Sarvestani
Electrical and Computer Engineering
(573) 341-7505| email@example.com |
Ready to apply?
Underrepresented students are especially encouraged to apply.
The program is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated financial need (as determined by FAFSA)
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residence
- B.S. degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or closely related areas
- Outstanding academic record, including a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Commitment to a career in teaching and/or research
Required application documents
Interested students are encouraged to email the following information to Dr. Sedigh Sarvestani (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and if applicable, graduate).
- A one-page summary of the candidate’s most important qualifications for the GAANN Fellowship, including undergraduate GPA, relevant course work, GRE scores and any related work experience.
- A one- or two-page statement of purpose that outlines the candidate’s career goals and explains how the GAANN Fellowship program will facilitate reaching those goals. The statement should also describe the candidate’s research interests as related to the program, including personal motivation for pursuing this research and a doctoral degree.
- Students from underrepresented groups, including women, are especially encouraged to apply.
- Dr. Sahra Sedigh Sarvestani (Program Director) email@example.com
- Dr. Jun Fan (Technical Co-Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Ali Hurson (Educational Co-Director) email@example.com
- Dr. Daryl Beetner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Chulsoon Hwang email@example.com
- Dr. David Pommerenke firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jiangfan Zhang email@example.com