- Graduate Programs
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Research Labs and Facilities
- Graduate Student Ambassadors
- New Graduate Student Orientation
- Funding Opportunities
- Apply Now
- Admission Criteria
- Experience S&T
- S&T Undergraduates
- Finding a Faculty Advisor
- Housing Information
- New Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- GRA/GTA/GA Funding
- Forms, Applications, and Deadlines
- Current Fellows
- Thesis and Dissertation Information
- Thesis and Dissertation Writing Camp
- Technical Editing Services
- Stipend X
- UM System Visiting Graduate Student Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Student Organizations
How to Apply for Graduate School at S&T
The Office of Graduate Studies is here to help our S&T undergraduate students make a smooth transition into their S&T graduate programs. Below, are some tips and information to help you with the process.
Missouri S&T has 21 Doctoral Programs and over 30 Master's Programs. You can find a full list here.
Students can potentially go directly from an undergraduate degree program to a doctoral program. If you are interested in obtaining a doctoral degree, reach out to your department to find out their admission requirements.
Masters's degree options include Master's of Science, Master's of Engineering, Master's of Business Administration, and Master's of Science for Teachers. You can also choose a thesis or non-thesis option depending on your preference and degree requirements.
Graduate Certificates give you the option to build knowledge in a specific area. They can also provide a pathway to a master's program if you have not taken the GRE or do not meet admission criteria for the master's program. You can find a full list of graduate certificate options here.
You should apply at https://connect.mst.edu/apply/ with the same account used when you applied for admission to your Missouri S&T undergraduate degree. If you don't remember your account log-in information, reach out to the Office of Graduate Studies and we can assist you! Don't forget that you are not required to submit another application fee when applying to graduate school at Missouri S&T.
Your demographic and biographical information should populate from your undergraduate application to your graduate application. You will need to update any relevant information and provide the following:
- Completed application
- Statement of Purpose
- Unofficial copy of your Missouri S&T transcripts
- Your grades are protected information and Missouri S&T students need to provide an unofficial copy of their Missouri S&T transcript for the application review process. You are not required to request an official transcript. You can find your unofficial transcript in Joe’SS by following this path: Self Service > Academic Records > Request Unofficial Transcript.
- Additional documents as required by the department. You should reach out to your department of interest to see if your application will require:
- GRE scores
- Letters of Recommendation
The Office of Graduate Studies has two Graduate Recruitment Specialists located in 216 Centennial Hall. They are available to answer your questions about graduate school at Missouri S&T and assist you with the application process.
If you have department specific questions, you can reach out to the department graduate staff member. You can find a full list of graduate staff members and graduate coordinators here.