- Prospective Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- GRA/GTA/GA Funding
- Forms, Applications, and Deadlines
- Summer Graduate Research Fellowship
- Current Fellows
- Graduate Student Travel Fund
- Thesis and Dissertation Information
- Thesis and Dissertation Boot Camp
- Technical Editing Services
- Stipend X
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Services That We Offer
- Student Organizations
- About Our Office
GEM GRAD Lab
Want to learn about graduate school, how to apply, funding opportunities, and talk to current students about grad school?
Come to the GEM GRAD Lab hosted by Missouri S&T Office of Graduate Studies on April 13th-14th, 2019!
What is GEM?
- GEM is a network of leading corporations, government laboratories, top universities, and top research institutions that enables qualified students from underrepresented communities to pursue graduate education in applied science and engineering.
What is a GRAD Lab?
- GRAD Lab encourages young people of color to consider graduate engineering or science education and applying for the GEM fellowship. Focusing on the global importance of research and innovation, life-long career benefits, and real world role models the symposium will help each student envision his or her future as a technology leader, successfully apply for a GEM fellowship, and gain entry to a graduate program.
Topics covered at the GRAD Lab include:
- Why Graduate School?
- How to Apply for Graduate School
- How to Fund Graduate School
- Voices from the Field
Students attending will also have the opportunity to:
- Visit the Missouri S&T campus and attend lab tours hosted by world-class researchers
- Have the graduate school application fee WAIVED if they apply to Missouri S&T
- Have the GRE fee reduced with a special code from GEM
- Have dinner on Oct. 19 and breakfast and lunch on Oct. 20 covered
- Win fabulous prizes
Want to find out more and register?