- Graduate Programs
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Visit Campus: Experience S&T
- New Graduate Student Orientation
- Funding Opportunities
- Apply Now
- Finding a Faculty Advisor
- GRE/GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS Requirements
- Housing Information
- New Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- GRA/GTA/GA Funding
- Forms, Applications, and Deadlines
- Current Fellows
- Graduate Student Travel Fund
- Thesis and Dissertation Information
- Thesis and Dissertation Writing Camp
- Technical Editing Services
- Stipend X
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Student Organizations
Submit your Thesis or Dissertation
Step 1 – Office of Graduate Studies will inform you that you are ready to submit your final copy to the ETD System.
Step 2 - The Office of Graduate Studies will review submissions in the order they were received. The submissions will be checked for formatting against the specifications. Once your dissertation or thesis has been reviewed, you will receive an email that your dissertation or thesis is ready to be revised/finalized. If revisions are noted, you must complete all revisions and submit the corrected document to the Office of Graduate Studies for further review to ensure corrections were made.
Step 3 - Office of Graduate Studies will review the final corrected document and provide a final approval. You will receive an automated e-mail notice when the final approval had been recorded in the ETD System.
Step 4 - After the graduation list for each term has officially closed, the Library will release the approved dissertations and theses to ProQuest for publication as per the Release Information on the Form 2/Form 7. You will receive an automated e-mail notice when your paper has been released to ProQuest. It will take 6 to 8 weeks for the dissertations and theses to be submitted to ProQuest.
Form 2/7 DOES say Indefinite Hold
You must submit your Thesis or Dissertation manually. Please bring the following to your Graduate Studies Advisor.
- Paper copy of your T/D on white paper with a watermark, a minimum of 25% rag or cotton content and at least 16lb weight, printed on one side only.
- PDF of T/D with embedded fonts on a CD or non-returnable USB drive.
- Pages 4 & 5 of the UMI/ProQuest Agreement.
- Signed Scholars' Mine License.